- Top-tier publication single-authored by yourself — shows that you can work independently.
- Top-tier publication with a peer — show that you are a team-player.
- Top-tier publication with a student — shows that you can supervise someone.
- Top-tier publication with a senior scholar in your field — show that you can be supervised by someone.
- Top-tier publication in another field (e.g., quantum physic) — show that you are inter-disciplinary.
- Article in a top practitioner journal (e.g., HBR, Sloan Review) — shows that your research has some practical impacts.
- A book about that centres around your research topics/streams. (But if it doesn’t get onto the New York Times best-sellers, it doesn’t count.)
And I still haven’t checked off the first item on the list.